As the races for leadership positions in the New Hampshire Republican Party continue to heat up, the current Area 5 Vice-Chair announced a big endorsement for her reelection:
Karoline Leavitt was the Republican nominee for the New Hampshire 1st Congressional District Election of 2022. She worked as the Communications Director for House Republican Conference Chair, Elise Stefanik. Prior to that, she served as an assistant press secretary in the Trump administration.
Jade Wood is the current Area 5 Vice Chair (Belknap & Merrimack Counties, City of Concord) for the NHGOP. She has held that position for the past two years. During that time, in addition to representing the Area at the Executive Board of the NH State GOP Committee, she founded and served as the first President of the Lakes Region chapter of the NH Federation of Republican Women (NH FRW) and subsequently became the recipient of the 2021 Vesta Roy Rising Star award, a designation afforded to the “ones to watch.”
As reported in this previous Bastion post, Vice-Chair Wood also
- Created and organized an award-winning float, built with NH Rep. Harry Bean, for the Gilford Old Home Day parade, promoting the Belknap County Republican Committee, Lakes Region FRW and Camp Constitution.
- Designed and organized a conference designed to train and recruit conservative candidates for school board elections which featured a nationally recognized speaker, C.L. Bryant as well as local panel discussions with local school board members and state Reps.
- Connected Republican activists with resources to attend multiple education reform and election integrity conferences in Washington, D.C.
- With the assistance NH FRW facilitated the sponsorship of a table at the Merrimack County and Concord City Republican Committee fundraiser featuring U.S. Senator Marsha Blackburn in addition to participation in table sponsorship at the NH GOP’s fundraiser featuring U.S. Representative Dan Crenshaw.
- Obtained funding from NH GOP for Republican candidates’ campaigns running for state offices.
- Attended many monthly meetings of the Belknap, Merrimack and Concord City Republican committees and provided members with updates on the activities of the NH GOP while listening and responding to the comments and concerns of members about the NH GOP.