Guest Post by Melissa Blasek
Yesterday, Governor Chris Sununu was sworn in for his fourth term. His inaugural speech (watch the video here) was laughable in its lack of self-awareness. Among other things, he claimed that New Hampshire “said no to mandates,” “puts individuals ahead of the system,” “kept the lights on” when other states shut down businesses and more. He even claimed that they “threw politics out the window” and “followed the data” regarding COVID-19 policy.
Governor Sununu’s memory seems to be as short as Joe Biden’s these days. He hilariously even claimed: “It’s not right to tell a private business what they can or cannot do.” That’s apparently only true when it fits his authoritarian agenda – because he spent MONTHS telling private businesses what to do. Down to the minutia. We have the receipts. Check out our thread exposing Sununu’s hypocrisy:
In addition to the anti-science statewide mask mandate, Sununu . . .
- Prohibited hair dressers from blow drying their customers’ hair and even controlled how they can be paid
- Dictated how outdoor campers could be checked in
- “Discouraged” dancing at weddings
- Banned reusable bags at grocery stores
- Limited restaurants to only 6 people per table (even if they were in the same household!)
- Mandated 10 feet between cars at drive in theaters
- Demanded every store have an employee dedicated to “monitor compliance”
- and more neo-fascist control over the “private businesses” whose “rights” he claims are so sacrosanct that they supersede the individual liberties of the people.
Melissa Blasek is a lifelong resident of New Hampshire. She has a background in music and operates a small business as a music instructor in voice, guitar, piano, at her home in Merrimack. She is a former State Representative. She serves as the Director of RebuildNH https://rebuildnh.com/